Thursday, October 6, 2016

Windows 10 Anniversary update fail (KB3194496)

Just installed the Microsoft KB3194496 update for Windows 10 Anniversary update and have successfully rebooted.

I had the problem a lot of people have had lately with the update installing and rolling back after installation.
 
After some binging on google I found a lot of manual heavy ways of fixing the problem, but I rather waited for a official fix to come around.

Today I found a new download "Windows 10 1607 Script fix to unblock update for Windows Insiders" I am currently not running any insider build, but I have done it until the Anniversary update was released.

I installed the fix and rebooted. I worked :-)



Sorry for Norwegian picture, quick Norwegian course

Installert på = Installed on
Kunne ikke installere på = Could not install on

Exchange: Find mailboxes without language settings and fix it without messing up the correct once

Had some users that had problem setting up Outlook profile. When they logged on to the web mail interface they where asked about regional se...